Continuing Education Massage Classes
ORTHOPEDIC MASSAGE - 6 hour CEU class
- Principles of orthopedic testing
- Tests for shoulder, including rotator-cuff tear, arthritis, bursitis, and separated shoulder.
- Tests for elbow, including tennis and golfers elbow, bursitis, Arthritis, loose body
- Tests for knees, including miniscus, bursa, arthritis, patella, tendonitis, chondromalacia, medial and lateral ligament tears and more.
SPORTS MASSAGE I - 6 hour CEU class
- Principles of sports massage.
- Benefits of sports massage.
- Pre-event and sporting event massage.
- Muscle energy techniques.
- Specific sports massage strokes.
- Preconditions for sports injury.
SPORTS MASSAGE II - 6 hour CEU class
- What a sports massage therapist must know
- Post event massage
- Maintenance sports massage work
- Levels of strains
- Using ice massage and much more.
SOMATICS - 6 hour CEU class
- Working with chronic muscle tension and posture
- Reflexes of body
- Sensory motor amnesia
- Principles of pandiculation
- How to pandiculate
- 12 key muscles to release for better posture and movement
- Somatic exercises.
MUSCLE ENERGY TECHNIQUES - 6 hour CEU class
- Muscle spindle cell and golgi tendon.
- Why and how met works.
- 24 muscles that student will use M.E.T on.
- Reciprical inhibition techniques and more.
LUMBAR TECHNIQUES - 6 hour CEU class
- Postural analysis of hip level, hip tilt, lumbar vertebra rotation.
- Psoas test and release
- Pubic bone and upslip tests.
- Corrections of: scoliosis, anterior/posterior tilt of pelvis, upslip, pubic bone etc.
- Disc versus soft tissue injury and much more.
Please view Calendar for current classes being taught.